The North Carolina Department of Public Instruction is pleased to provide K-3 students 24-7 home access to reading practice, interactive books, and educational resources from Istation. Supporting the Read to Achieve diagnostic initiative with reading assessments at school, Istation also includes home access to fun and dynamic literacy-based activities.
Istation is an award-winning program that is used by over 4 million students because it:
- measures the skills that are most predictive of future reading success
- seamlessly tracks student progress throughout the year
- provides a comprehensive snapshot of reading ability
- engages the student with animated, game-like activities
- Personalized Data Profiles: Track student progress throughout the year and with real-time, easy-to-read reports.
- Parent Portal: Houses skill-building lessons that a parent can do with their child and includes printable materials.
- Ipractice: Where students can go to captain their own interactive learning adventure through games, stories, songs, and more
Istation Overview (570KB)
Istation Overview (Spanish) (571KB)
Student Summary Handout Video