DALLAS, October 30, 2017 — Timeless Tales 2.0: NexLevel is the latest evidence- and research-based reading instruction program for middle school students.
Istation, a leader in educational technology, announced today the launch of Timeless Tales (TT) 2.0: NexLevel. This next generation in game-based reading instruction for middle school students is designed to maximize student agency and provide authentic learning experiences.
In TT 2.0, student players journey with their guide SAGE to explore a digital world where stories are disappearing, data is mysteriously corrupted, and the power of knowledge extends far beyond what they’d ever expect. Skills and standards explored in this game include:
- Characterization (direct and indirect).
- Historical and cultural setting.
- Vocabulary in context.
- Reading fluency.
- Self-selected reading.
- Written response to reading.
“We are thrilled with this latest edition of Istation’s evidence- and research-based technology,” said Istation Chairman and CEO Richard H. Collins. “This program for middle school students features our latest advancements in both design and education technology.”
Special features in TT 2.0 help to increase interactivity with students and reinforce skills taught within the program. These features include:
- Note taking – Students are shown, encouraged, and later required to take notes throughout each level. Notes are stored across levels.
- Fluency journal – This is a reflection piece that reinforces the skills students learned and what students did in each level.
- Results screen – This feature shows students their results per game and per level.
- Personalized profiles – Students can choose their own avatar and update their in-game profile.
- Lexile ranges from 750L to 1200L.
Founded in 1998 and based in Dallas, Texas, Istation (Imagination Station) has become one of the nation’s leading providers of richly animated, game-like, educational technology. Istation was named one of 2019’s “EdTech 1000: Companies Transforming Education” by EdTech Digest, and has received numerous national educational technology awards. The Istation program puts more instructional time in the classroom through small-group and collaborative instruction. Istation’s innovative reading, math and Spanish programs immerse students in an engaging and interactive environment and inspire them to learn. Additionally, administrators and educators can use Istation to easily track the progress of their students, schools and classrooms. Istation now serves more than 4 million students throughout the United States and in several other countries. The company celebrated its 20th anniversary in 2018.