DALLAS, October 30, 2017 — Timeless Tales 2.0: NexLevel is the latest evidence- and research-based reading instruction program for middle school students.
Istation, a leader in educational technology, announced today the launch of Timeless Tales (TT) 2.0: NexLevel. This next generation in game-based reading instruction for middle school students is designed to maximize student agency and provide authentic learning experiences.
In TT 2.0, student players journey with their guide SAGE to explore a digital world where stories are disappearing, data is mysteriously corrupted, and the power of knowledge extends far beyond what they’d ever expect. Skills and standards explored in this game include:
- Characterization (direct and indirect).
- Historical and cultural setting.
- Vocabulary in context.
- Reading fluency.
- Self-selected reading.
- Written response to reading.
“We are thrilled with this latest edition of Istation’s evidence- and research-based technology,” said Istation Chairman and CEO Richard H. Collins. “This program for middle school students features our latest advancements in both design and education technology.”
Special features in TT 2.0 help to increase interactivity with students and reinforce skills taught within the program. These features include:
- Note taking – Students are shown, encouraged, and later required to take notes throughout each level. Notes are stored across levels.
- Fluency journal – This is a reflection piece that reinforces the skills students learned and what students did in each level.
- Results screen – This feature shows students their results per game and per level.
- Personalized profiles – Students can choose their own avatar and update their in-game profile.
- Lexile ranges from 750L to 1200L.
Istation is an award-winning comprehensive e-learning program used by more than four million students across the world. Known for its accurate assessments, engaging curriculum and trusted teacher tools, Istation helps students in prekindergarten-12th grade achieve academic growth. Istation's computer-adaptive assessments (known as ISIP™) immediately place students on personalized instructional paths unique to their needs. An animated, game-like interface effectively engages students so well, they don't even realize they're being evaluated. Along with its highly interactive digital curriculum, Istation provides teachers with access to thousands of lessons perfect for instructing small groups or an entire class. Comprehensive progress reports are also immediately available for educators, administrators and parents. Istation offers its ISIP assessment in Early Reading, Advanced Reading, Reading en Español and Math. Istation instruction is available in Reading, Reading en Español and Math.